» Fall 2017
by Yellowcard Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:56 pm

» SuperCopa 2017
by Celtic05Dad Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:25 pm

» NTX STX State Cup
by 918soccer Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:34 pm

» ENERGY MLS SCUTTLED?
by ENERGYFC04 Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:04 pm

» Whats wrong with Oklahoma (girls) ODP?
by 918soccer Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:14 pm

» South lakes needs a keeper.
by misfit31 Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:12 am

» OFC/Blitz dropped from NPL?
by Roughneck04 Tue May 30, 2017 1:12 am

» 2017 State Cup
by NeverPlayedSoccer Mon May 29, 2017 3:59 am

» Well said!
by Celtic05Dad Sat May 27, 2017 8:05 pm

» 05 age group being added to ECNL!
by 918soccer Sun May 14, 2017 10:35 pm

» 04 Girls State Cup Results
by TSC010405 Mon May 08, 2017 7:38 pm

» Administrators?
by BASoccer Mon May 01, 2017 11:19 am

» The most successful girls teams from Tulsa
by Yellowcard Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:18 am

» State Cup Schedules
by settledown Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:13 pm

» Spring 2017 Scores
by NeverPlayedSoccer Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:09 am

» Oklahoma Soccer – Looking Forward
by Yellowcard Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:05 pm

Statistics
We have 315 registered users
The newest registered user is gradeonenotes

Our users have posted a total of 6828 messages in 409 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Unity soccer club

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Unity soccer club

Post by Rico S on Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:26 pm

004tulsa wrote:Unity has 2 04g teams. I think that the white team is the former Luna Chix team...

TSCsoccerdad, they did play in beat the heat u11 8v8 gold. They actually tied TSC Amos 1-1 there. They've beaten TSC Harding in league play.

http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=808598&History=yes&compact=

pffft. 8v8 That hardly qualifies as soccer Wink

Rico S

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerschmuck on Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:35 pm

I am not knocking unity girls at all,so please don't take this as bashing your team or young girls because I am not. From what I have heard they are a decent team. It is all about what you want/expect from soccer and if it works for your daughter and you then great.

But reality is next year Unity will most likely be in OCL, I doubt they can be competitive in OPL. Take Unity team to TSC or OFC and at best they are the 4th team at that club next year as a team. However they very well may be a girl or two that can individually play at 1st -2nd team level now, they will not in another 2-3 years playing at your team level. The talking about taking kids to Southlakes really not relevant to Rec players jumping to a truly competitive team because outside SLSC's 04 and 02 girls team the others are not in contention to ever win anything of importance. In reallity at almost all competitive ages (U14 and Up) the best teams will always end up being at TSC or OFC.

You just need to decide what you want out of soccer and do what is best for your family.

ODP again not good gage because Oklahoma ODP program not very good, very few top girls play in ODP.

soccerschmuck

Back to top Go down

Post by 05GKdad_Tulsa on Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:41 pm

haha, agree Rico.

Some on this board think that way. The 3v3 during the summer, the 5v5 TSC JDL winter league...all a big waste of time.

I personally don't care which format my kids play (just wish it was 7v7 or 9v9 instead of 8v8 due to formation logic), so long as they get touches on the ball & continue to improve.

To me u11 is the perfect transition year to start switching 8v8 to 11v11.

& understand that I'm a fan of 11v11...it's what I played starting at u10. However, we did play an awful lot of kickball until our bodies matured enough to accommodate the wishes of the league to play on that size field.
05GKdad_Tulsa

Back to top Go down

Post by TSCSOCCERDAD on Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:48 pm

Well.... Let me bridal my BIG CLUB arrogance! I've been reading soccer forums for about 6 or so years going all the way back to the old TURFMONSTER days. Rebutting post I find either dumb or interesting is the fun of this forum. Sometimes it's plesent and sometimes not so plesent. Whatever you post is fair game and I should be able to comment how I want as long as I remain somewhat civil. I think it's fun. I'm not mad at anyone Twisted Evil

TSCSOCCERDAD

Back to top Go down

Post by misfit31 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:21 pm

One of the biggest problems we have on the West side of the state, is a lack of genuinely good coaches. Cvfc, South lakes, etc. Other than ofc, which would require quite a drive for West side kids, or norman, again a good drive, this side has done questionable coaches even in club levels. Which is why South lakes, as large as they are, is not normally that competitive. I would be far more willing to place my girls with a club team, if the coaches were in it for something other than the money they make.

misfit31

Back to top Go down

Post by misfit31 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:23 pm

One more point, I have no affiliation with unity or the Luna chix, just know the coaches.

misfit31

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerschmuck on Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:28 pm

It is all about the comittment level and what you want to do or what you can do. Girls drive from all over to play at TSC or OFC, several have hour plus drives to play for the top clubs. I would only do this if daughter on first team, probably not put in the time otherwise, maybe 2nd team.
There is even girls that go to Dallas to play with the top teams.
It is really just about how much time us crazy parents want to devote to our daughters soccer future and is it worth it.

soccerschmuck

Back to top Go down

Post by SSD2004 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:34 pm

misfit31 wrote:One of the biggest problems we have on the West side of the state, is a lack of genuinely good coaches. Cvfc, South lakes, etc. Other than ofc, which would require quite a drive for West side kids,  or norman, again a good drive, this side has done questionable coaches even in club levels. Which is why South lakes, as large as they are, is not normally that competitive. I would be far more willing to place my girls with a club team,  if the coaches were in it for something other than the money they make.

I must be really fortunate as an SLSC parent because both my kids coaches have been top notch.(She had a 3rd one for a new york minute so never really got to establish a vibe with them)

I am hoping that the younger kids at SLSC (04 and later) can break this inferiority reputation that SLSC has comparative to OFC and Tulsa. I am about to put my son in 07 academy boys and I think they are a deep and talented group as well. It will be interesting to watch from up close.....

SSD2004

Back to top Go down

Post by misfit31 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:07 pm

SSD2004, dont take my comment as a blanket statement, as I am only speaking for one group, and age range. I have several friends who coach at clubs around OKC, that do a fine job. My problem is with my kids age, which is what I am concerned with. In fact, the 07 boys you are referring to may be coached by a friend of mine. If so, he will get good coaching for sure.

As for "one rec player that has recieved a scholarship". I currently know of two "non-club" players who have shown me their offers. Although neither are to local division one schools, both are to schools that are willing to take a lowly rec player. She is and has been in ODP, that is where she met several coaches from THIS region. TO A COACH, they all told her the following. (I have heard this same thing from coaches that I have refereed games for.)
1. Womens college soccer coaches do not have the budget to travel the country looking for players. They are regional, and depend largely upon their summer camps to meet kids.
2. The more interest the player shows in the school, the more interest the school will in turn show the player. ( depending upon the players ability) You send in letters of interest, and a video, possibly a schedule, and you might be surprised what happens.
3. Large Club tournaments (like plano, and winter magic in KC) are the places where local college coaches go to see kids, and THEY GENERALLY ONLY LOOK AT THE TOP TIER KIDS. So if you kid is on a second tier team, you are probably wasting your money trying to get a D1 scholarship.
4. Depending on your region/state, only a handful of players (around 10%) that play higher levels of soccer, ever play soccer beyond high school. I had a local smaller college coach actually tell me that he has 3 kids that hadnt played soccer since they were in middle school, but were walking on his team to help fill his roster.

I have been through this process as a baseball player, softball coach, and now soccer coach/parent. I know that in order for my daughter to get any notice, its going to take effort from us to get it. Not because of where she plays, but just because thats the system as it is. The sad fact is, that there are only 5 club "first teams" in the area I live in. Which means that she would have to be one of around 90 of the best kids in her area. Of those 90 kids, only 9 will get to, or eventually play college soccer. With those being the facts, I would prefer that my daughter enjoy her experience, and let it be her choice on where and what level she plays. When she is ready for club, she will go to a club, and accept the offers she has recieved to join teams. Until then, I am a proud dad that loves watching her play.

misfit31

Back to top Go down

Post by TSCSOCCERDAD on Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:29 pm

TSCH isn't the perfect club. I have been unhapply about several things they do. However, they have also done alot of things right, one being getting into ECNL.
95 ECNL- 9 TO 10 D1 PLAYERS (notre dame, a&m, ou, osu, michigan,clemson,florida,tulsa)
96 ECNL- 2 D1 PLAYERS (osu,ou)
97 ECNL- 6-7 D1 COMMITS (ark,ou,osu,tulsa)
98 ECNL- 9-10 D1 COMMITS(oru,ou,ark,tulsa,a&m)
99 ECNL- 3 D1 COMMITS(ark)

We have had OSU,OU,ARK, T A&M,TCU, HOUSTON at our practices. This is some pretty hard evidence for getting college looks. It isn't the end all be all, but college coaches want girls who high level experience. This list doesn't even include Sting,Texans, Solar, D'feeters. I don't think you absolutely have to play ECNL, but looking at the numbers above it sure helps

TSCSOCCERDAD

Back to top Go down

Post by ousoccer on Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:00 pm

I agree, play rec because you enjoy it (but be realistic). If you like your coach stay with them. The ones that teach the best, aren't always great positive people to be around. Coaches are usually best in specific areas. For 07 and academy certain coaches that connect well with younger developmental kids, do better than the top so called club coaches at that level. However, as kids get older top coaches are rare and your kid will get noticed on (ecnl) or top level teams. Every college coach will tell you to get on the best team in your area and go play the other best teams. Thats probably true in any sport. Im just telling ya, TSC isn't letting just anybody coach their ecnl teams. Very few are qualified to coach successfully at that level. Kids drive to play for those coaches. Not because your kid likes them but because they get kids to the next level.

ousoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by misfit31 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:33 pm

No ecnl teams in okc area. Ofc would be the closest to it here?

misfit31

Back to top Go down

Post by misfit31 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:14 pm

http://www.scholarshipstats.com/soccer.html

Just showing where I got my 10% number from. It's not a made up statistic. They give it to you during coaching certification. Pretry sobering

misfit31

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerschmuck on Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:54 am

Here is the real sobering stat. OSU and OU have 18 girls from Oklahoma on roster.
15 played at either TSC or OFC, with one unknown where she played. So that is two from small club. That says a lot in itself.

soccerschmuck

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerschmuck on Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:08 am

And I forgot to mention that both small club players are goalies. Probably then only position that you might get better at while playing with weaker players

soccerschmuck

Back to top Go down

Post by TSCSOCCERDAD on Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:32 pm

OFC 98 has 3 girls committed to OU. If your DD wants to go play outside OK you better be active.

TSCSOCCERDAD

Back to top Go down

Post by TSCSOCCERDAD on Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:35 pm

I will say that there is a common variable between OFC and TSC. They both play at a higher level of competition than can be found in the state. RPL, NPL, ECNL. Coaches want to know your DD can compete at that level against better players.

TSCSOCCERDAD

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:38 pm

Slsc will be there here in two years. Were getting more and more talent every year.

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by misfit31 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:46 pm

Slow need to get rid of one individual on their coaching staff, and several really strong kids would go there pretty quickly.

misfit31

Back to top Go down

Post by archer on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:02 pm

Simply put go to TSC or OFC. Clubs have the eye of the people you want your kids to be seen by. Sooner rather then later. It will be harder as time passes.

archer

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerschmuck on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:04 pm

cosmos04 wrote:Slsc will be there here in two years. Were getting more and more talent every year.
I am not sure what you are basing that on outside your loyalty to your team and club. But, two years from now nothing will have changed. TSC and OFC will still be dominating the State Championships (girls) at all competitive ages outside the rare team, here and there, from other clubs. Been that way for years and will continue unless there is some major shake up or merger that happens.

soccerschmuck

Back to top Go down

Post by SSD2004 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:00 pm

I agree and disagree here. 24 months from now I doubt we see much difference other than maybe a slight uptick in SLSC teams showing up in the state finals. Now 5-7 years I would rank the possibilites as this:

1. SLSC merges with a smaller local club accelerating their drive to catch up with TSC and OFC
2. SLSC continues to build depth and we see tanglible strides in level of competition and ability to "win championships" more regularly
3. Status Quo

If we rewind time 5-7 years ago SLSC was pretty new and didn't have the numbers or compete near at the level it does now. Continued growth will be important though and that is the big variable. Will that happen?

SSD2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerabe on Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:33 am

Sl has always had good academy teams. Their 2000 were really good, their 01s used to beat Nokc some until they became OFC. I could go on and on but Unless they merge they will always be a training ground for bigger clubs.(which has happened to all your teams as they get older) Exception would be your directors teams. He's the only one who seems to have success in competitive. If he could take all your teams you might have a chance to win a state title but even with his teams I still don't know of any Sl team that's ever one the clubs first Title but I don't follow all ages.

Soccerabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerabe on Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:34 am

Sorry that's won not one!

Soccerabe

Back to top Go down

Post by archer on Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:01 pm

Sounds like bickering over what IS and what MAY be a possibility MAYBE down the road if things line up MAYBE in a perfect storm MAYBE... or just go with sure thing. Go with OFC.

archer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top