Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
Please log in and register!

Help me grow the forum!
Latest topics
» Dallas International Girls Cup 2018 - Play Against Top Teams
by DIGC_IBC Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:09 pm

» Dallas International Girls Cup 2018 - Play Against Top Teams
by DIGC_IBC Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:08 pm

» (WhatsApp:237 653276415)Buy Original IELTS Questions and Answers
by real12 Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:04 am

» (ieltslegit@gmail.com)GET 100% IELTS, ESOL,(+27)73 675 2934)
by macson1 Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:41 am

» (ieltslegit@gmail.com)GET 100% IELTS, ESOL,(+27)73 675 2934)
by macson1 Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:39 am

» (ieltslegit@gmail.com)GET 100% IELTS, ESOL,(+27)73 675 2934)
by macson1 Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:35 am

» (ieltslegit@gmail.com)GET 100% IELTS, ESOL,(+27)73 675 2934)
by macson1 Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:31 am

» (ieltslegit@gmail.com)GET 100% IELTS, ESOL,(+27)73 675 2934)
by macson1 Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:28 am

» (ieltslegit@gmail.com)GET 100% IELTS, ESOL,(+27)73 675 2934)
by macson1 Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:26 am

» (ieltslegit@gmail.com)GET 100% IELTS, ESOL,(+27)73 675 2934)
by macson1 Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:25 am

» (ieltslegit@gmail.com)GET 100% IELTS, ESOL,(+27)73 675 2934)
by macson1 Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:23 am

» (ieltslegit@gmail.com)GET 100% IELTS, ESOL,(+27)73 675 2934)
by macson1 Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:22 am

» (ieltslegit@gmail.com)GET 100% IELTS, ESOL,(+27)73 675 2934)
by macson1 Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:19 am

» (ieltslegit@gmail.com)GET 100% IELTS, ESOL,(+27)73 675 2934)
by macson1 Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:17 am

» (ieltslegit@gmail.com)GET 100% IELTS, ESOL,(+27)73 675 2934)
by macson1 Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:13 am

» (ieltslegit@gmail.com)GET 100% IELTS, ESOL,(+27)73 675 2934)
by macson1 Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:12 am

» (ieltslegit@gmail.com)GET 100% IELTS, ESOL,(+27)73 675 2934)
by macson1 Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:04 am

» (ieltslegit@gmail.com)GET 100% IELTS, ESOL,(+27)73 675 2934)
by macson1 Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:03 am

» (ieltslegit@gmail.com)GET 100% IELTS, ESOL,(+27)73 675 2934)
by macson1 Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:01 am

» (ieltslegit@gmail.com)GET 100% IELTS, ESOL,(+27)73 675 2934)
by macson1 Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:00 am

Statistics
We have 434 registered users
The newest registered user is macson1

Our users have posted a total of 6915 messages in 453 subjects
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search


Changes coming to TSC?

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by BASoccer on Thu May 04, 2017 11:42 pm

Wait, are you sure? There's a lot of info I left out. Haha!

BASoccer

Posts : 59
Join date : 2016-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by BASoccer on Wed May 10, 2017 11:18 am

WSA released their team assignments and if things stand as they are now, they'll have no '01, '00, or '99 OPC teams on the girls side. My daughter used to play at WSA, so I still know a little bit about the teams they have over there. They might field another '99 team, but that'd be about it.

NPL should be a good league, but any OPC competition (U15 & older) looks like total garbage to me. Might as well play rec ball, lol.

But seriously, OPL could very well be a better alternative for older players if not competing in NPL or higher.

BASoccer

Posts : 59
Join date : 2016-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by 918soccer on Sat May 13, 2017 8:16 pm

For those of you debating whether DA/ECNL is going to impact state soccer in Texas, here's your answer. Only 6 teams played in the 04 age group in the NTX State Cup...

http://www.txsoccer.net/t34824-04-state-cup-vacancies-holy-smokes#277167

918soccer

Posts : 223
Join date : 2014-03-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by ENERGYFC04 on Mon May 15, 2017 5:56 pm

The amount of top notch teams not in State Cup(s) in NTX and STX is staggering. With the DA I expect even fewer. It would be interesting to see an unbiased analysis of what top teams in state cup this year, which of those teams will go DA/ECNL and the effect of state cup(s) etc moving forward.

All in all I'm beginning to believe the DA for the girls side was a bad idea. The cost of DA for a club is staggering limiting it large metropolitan areas (TSC travel for DA would have been horrid) that have club(s) with MLS money and/or huge financial sponsorships. The DA is looking more and more like a money grab to try to pry dollars away from ECNL. The result is watered down leagues if your not DA etc.

ENERGYFC04

Posts : 435
Join date : 2014-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by SSD2004 on Mon May 15, 2017 6:19 pm

Here is a tentative breakdown of what you brought up....

It appears current State Cup and Regional alignments are quickly becoming irrelevant for the top 10 or 15 teams in NTX and STX.  To your point, take a look at both North Texas and South Texas’ State Cup(s) and factor in the advent of the DA next year and you are potentially left with very little in the way of real competition.  

North Texas

U12 - Only 3 of the top 10 NTX teams were in it and only 1 of those teams will not be ECNL or DA next year due to new U13 age grouping for ECNL

U13 - Only 2 teams from this year’s state cup will be in USYS next year.   Its solar 4-5 team and FC Dallas 4th team.    Basically, according to US Youth Soccer Rankings no top 10 teams will be left next year as they will be DA/ECNL etc.

U14- 4 of NTX top 10 were in state cup.  Of those I know 3 are guaranteed to be gone next year due to ECNL DA.

South Texas

U12 - No teams in top 10 and only 1 team in top 20 were in state cup finals (their state cup is different).  

U13 - Only 2 of the top  20 teams in South Texas are in State Cup Final 4 with 2 of those teams heading to ECNL DA – One World Soccer appears to be only one left.  

U14- 3 teams in top 10 in final 4. However, of those 3 all appear headed to DA or ECNL next year with new club combinations.  

So OPC is at least aligning with a few North Texas clubs where OPL seem to be drifting towards a Arkansas/Kansas type set up. It will be interesting to watch as we move forward.

SSD2004

Posts : 181
Join date : 2014-10-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by BASoccer on Tue May 16, 2017 4:19 pm

All OPC teams have released their team assignments. Looking at the girl's side (just OPC League):

05's

TSC: 3
WSA: 1
NEOFC: 1
SLSC: 2
OC: 2

Teams for OPC league: 9

04's

TSC: 3
WSA: 2
NEOFC: 1
SLSC: 2
OC: 1

Teams for OPC league: 9

03's

TSC: 3
WSA: 2
NEOFC: 0
SLSC: 1
OC: 1

Teams for OPC league: 7

02's

TSC: 1
WSA: 2
NEOFC: 0
SLSC: 1
OC: 1

Teams for OPC league: 5

01's

TSC: 1
WSA: 0
NEOFC: 0
SLSC: 1
OC: 0

Teams for OPC league: 2

00/99's

TSC: 2
WSA: 0
NEOFC: 0
SLSC: 1
OC: 1

Teams for OPC league: 4

03's and younger look like viable age groups. 02's, barely. U17/U18/U19.....what a schedule lol.

BASoccer

Posts : 59
Join date : 2016-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by 918soccer on Thu May 18, 2017 7:44 pm

Just received the following email from OSA outlining the OSA/OPC situation. The last page has a "Player Registration Fee Comparison" between USYS, USClub, OPL, OCL and OPC. The chart is situated in a way to confuse readers into believing USClub/OPC league registration is more than USYS/OPL league registration. Those of us in USClub/OPC who just paid the registration fee for the upcoming year know it is $259 or less, not $400-$500 as the OSA email suggests.

https://usys-assets.ae-admin.com/assets/978/3/OSA%20Competitive%20FAQ%20May%202017.pdf

918soccer

Posts : 223
Join date : 2014-03-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by Yellowcard on Fri May 19, 2017 7:27 pm

918soccer wrote:Just received the following email from OSA outlining the OSA/OPC situation. The last page has a "Player Registration Fee Comparison" between USYS, USClub, OPL, OCL and OPC. The chart is situated in a way to confuse readers into believing USClub/OPC league registration is more than USYS/OPL league registration. Those of us in USClub/OPC who just paid the registration fee for the upcoming year know it is $259 or less, not $400-$500 as the OSA email suggests.

https://usys-assets.ae-admin.com/assets/978/3/OSA%20Competitive%20FAQ%20May%202017.pdf

The way I read it they are talking about per team/season. The $259 you talk about above is for an individual to register with the club? I see they mention things in per 17 players etc... It is confusing.
avatar
Yellowcard

Posts : 413
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by ENERGYFC04 on Mon May 22, 2017 8:30 pm

BASoccer wrote:All OPC teams have released their team assignments. Looking at the girl's side (just OPC League):


This post motivated me to look at girls side in the most objective way i knew how too as i continue to digest all the coming changes (which is difficult to digest).   Its quite interesting

With that said I looked at the girl’s side which I am knowledge about.   I know some will disagree but the results in the 9 v 9 leagues are meaningless to me as most games I saw are tackle football with a little soccer mixed in (felt it would be this way and it is).  So from an 11 v 11 perspective the results were surprising to say the least (and yes I realize that TSC has ECNL which skews this)

So basically, I simply awarded 1 point if your team is in semifinals/finals in state cup (figure it’s a crapshoot from there).  Looking at leagues (SRPL being the highest I then awarded 1 point if you finished in top 2 of Oklahoma teams)

Here are the results done in alphabetical order so not to offend:

Blitz – 0 points (there is still a point available to them in U14)
Celtic – 5 points (there u14 team received a point)
OFC – 7 points (there are still a point available to them in U14)
Cosmos – 6 points
TSC – 6 points (there is still a point available to them in U14)

From a size standpoint (amount of competitive players) on the girls side I think this is close to being correct but subject to accurage info:
1. TSC
2. OFC – about 90% of the size of TSC
3. Cosmos – about 35 – 40% size of TSC; 40 – 50% size of OFC
4. Celtic – about 35 – 40% size of TSC; 40 – 50% size of OFC
5. Blitz – about 35 – 40% size of TSC; 40 – 50% size of OFC

As a side note, you got to hand it to Cosmos, Celtic and Blitz for their development (that’s not to take away from bigger clubs).  The fact they are even competing with club(s) double to triple their size is a testament to their development.    If you factor in kids that migrated to TSC from Blitz and OFC from Cosmos and Celtic that “development” moniker becomes even more impressive.   What would be interesting would be to look at the age groups and how many kids who were “developed” at other clubs are now starters for those teams.  

The only other noticeable issue that I would say is whether OFC has fallen because in many age groups Celtic and Cosmos appear to be their main rivals versus TSC.  Size wise, OFC should be competing hand in hand with TSC.  

**** it’s hard for me to objectively evaluate TSC.   With ECNL on girls side its hard to include them in a fair competitive analysis.  

**** its also hard for me to evaluate Blitz as i understand they have suffered heavy losses to TSC in the upper age groups (always could be wrong).   In other words, Blitz' showing is likely unfairly skewed as well as i know them to have produced very good players and teams.  

Don't take this as a shot to your club.  As a parent i'm trying to look for whats best for my DD and I'm more of a objective type of person versus going on emotion.

ENERGYFC04

Posts : 435
Join date : 2014-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by soccerdadx2 on Thu May 25, 2017 8:06 pm

Probably should only include points for who makes finals. Some (if not most) divisions are so weak that 1 to 4 is night and day different.

OFC truly messed this age change up by just moving all their teams up, letting practically anyone play up. This left some age groups void of talent and effectively a 2nd team. Then they had one age group 00 Phillips that didn't even play State Cup which they would have easily won. That team folded because of ECNL players wanting to play ECNL instead of State and Regionals. My understanding is they totally sh** on the remainder of the team, and that is a huge embarrassment /black eye for OFC.

Totally agree Celtic and to some degree Cosmos doing good job developing players.

As far as the new change, I feel extremely sorry for the kids, because State Cup next year will be a joke for everyone (in both leagues) and that's unfortunate.

The soccer powers  in this state better get their act together before soccer in Oklahoma is ruined for everyone for everyone.

soccerdadx2

Posts : 31
Join date : 2014-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by 04eastside on Fri May 26, 2017 1:31 pm

on Sat May 20, 2017 11:53 pm


by htrevino

Open Practice
Monday's 7-8:30pm and Thursday's 6-8:30pm
Location: Crown of Life Lutheran School, 6605 Pleasant Run Rd, Colleyville, TX 76034
FEVER UNITED is now a part of the Red River National Premier League. For more information on NPL http://nationalpremierleagues.com/red-river-npl-bolsters-strength-of-national-premier-leagues-in-central-u-s
With NPL you can currently stay with your current club and also play NPL. As of right now there is 10-12 games per year and this league plays around your Club Schedule and does not interfere with High School either. We do have an existing 02G team that is transferring to FEVER to fill the NPL spot in addition to local league play and are looking to strengthen the NPL team.
For more info call, text or reply to Coach Hugo Trevino 817.298.6500"



I hope team does transfer,  because based on this,  no 02 team for red river league. 

http://www.txsoccer.net/t35331-fever-04-penn-team-disbanded#278930


The link above is discussing 04s at fever also. 


This is why parents do your own research and come to see conclusion.  This club appears to already be struggling to get teams for this red river league. 


Also,  you can tell if you can read above,  Fever is even advertising this as a supplemental league to your regular USYS league. 


Oh and if you didn't notice,  this 04 team above is 10th in the 2nd division of their league.   Yep, "great" competition for you Oklahoma teams. 


Do your research.   Don't believe me or anyone else on this forum,  DO YOUR OWN research. 

04eastside

Posts : 157
Join date : 2014-10-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by SSD2004 on Fri May 26, 2017 6:31 pm

04eastside wrote:This is why parents do your own research and come to see conclusion.  This club appears to already be struggling to get teams for this red river league. 


Also,  you can tell if you can read above,  Fever is even advertising this as a supplemental league to your regular USYS league. 


Oh and if you didn't notice,  this 04 team above is 10th in the 2nd division of their league.   Yep, "great" competition for you Oklahoma teams. 


Do your research.   Don't believe me or anyone else on this forum,  DO YOUR OWN research. 

Most parents I talked to are pretty informed. A few things:

  • Most people realize their will be some cannon fodder in this league, at least at first - in fact, I expect 20-25% turnover in clubs the first year.

  • As long as the top clubs are involved their will be more than enough competition between Norman, SLSC, and TSC as well as surrounding clubs/states - those 5 OK clubs took somewhere in the neighborhood of 68% of the headcount with them

  • SRPL will have some of the same struggles as teams go ENCL, DA etc. Heck in our league we couldn't even find the requisite 12 clubs this year!

  • This is a "100 year" decision as colleges like to call conference moves, not a one year one. I think most people expect some bumps year 1 and year 2 and 3 is what will determine success or failure


It will be fascinating to watch on both sides of the aisle so to speak.





SSD2004

Posts : 181
Join date : 2014-10-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by TSC010405 on Fri May 26, 2017 6:33 pm

SSD2004 wrote:
04eastside wrote:This is why parents do your own research and come to see conclusion.  This club appears to already be struggling to get teams for this red river league. 


Also,  you can tell if you can read above,  Fever is even advertising this as a supplemental league to your regular USYS league. 


Oh and if you didn't notice,  this 04 team above is 10th in the 2nd division of their league.   Yep, "great" competition for you Oklahoma teams. 


Do your research.   Don't believe me or anyone else on this forum,  DO YOUR OWN research. 

Most parents I talked to are pretty informed.  A few things:


  • Most people realize their will be some cannon fodder in this league, at least at first - in fact, I expect 20-25% turnover in clubs the first year.


  • As long as the top clubs are involved their will be more than enough competition between Norman, SLSC, and TSC as well as surrounding clubs/states - those 5 OK clubs took somewhere in the neighborhood of 68% of the headcount with them


  • SRPL will have some of the same struggles as teams go ENCL, DA etc. Heck in our league we couldn't even find the requisite 12 clubs this year!


  • This is a "100 year" decision as colleges like to call conference moves, not a one year one.  I think most people expect some bumps year 1 and year 2 and 3 is what will determine success or failure


It will be fascinating to watch on both sides of the aisle so to speak.





Very well said!

TSC010405

Posts : 118
Join date : 2016-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by TSC010405 on Fri May 26, 2017 6:37 pm

04eastside wrote:

on Sat May 20, 2017 11:53 pm



by htrevino

Open Practice
Monday's 7-8:30pm and Thursday's 6-8:30pm
Location: Crown of Life Lutheran School, 6605 Pleasant Run Rd, Colleyville, TX 76034
FEVER UNITED is now a part of the Red River National Premier League. For more information on NPL http://nationalpremierleagues.com/red-river-npl-bolsters-strength-of-national-premier-leagues-in-central-u-s
With NPL you can currently stay with your current club and also play NPL. As of right now there is 10-12 games per year and this league plays around your Club Schedule and does not interfere with High School either. We do have an existing 02G team that is transferring to FEVER to fill the NPL spot in addition to local league play and are looking to strengthen the NPL team.
For more info call, text or reply to Coach Hugo Trevino 817.298.6500"



I hope team does transfer,  because based on this,  no 02 team for red river league. 

http://www.txsoccer.net/t35331-fever-04-penn-team-disbanded#278930


The link above is discussing 04s at fever also. 


This is why parents do your own research and come to see conclusion.  This club appears to already be struggling to get teams for this red river league. 


Also,  you can tell if you can read above,  Fever is even advertising this as a supplemental league to your regular USYS league. 


Oh and if you didn't notice,  this 04 team above is 10th in the 2nd division of their league.   Yep, "great" competition for you Oklahoma teams. 


Do your research.   Don't believe me or anyone else on this forum,  DO YOUR OWN research. 

It's funny because when you say do your own research, you mean research what I have found. I can find information on both sides and they both say they are the best and they both have better statistics.

Here's an idea. Let's see how it plays out. None of us know at this point. Some think it's great (Most OPC members), others think it's crap and hurting the game of soccer in Oklahoma (Most Everyone Else or the 35% left over).

TSC010405

Posts : 118
Join date : 2016-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by Whatever90 on Wed May 31, 2017 4:26 am

This is a cluster f@$%

Whatever90

Posts : 3
Join date : 2015-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by soccerdadx2 on Wed May 31, 2017 2:51 pm

Everyone knows this is a power play by TSC. Norman and Southlake joined in because they can't beat OFC and this gives them a better chance of winning.

This is horrible for all clubs in Oklahoma, at least for now. However, I will say TSC now has the upper hand.

Your Move OFC!

soccerdadx2

Posts : 31
Join date : 2014-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by Gatorade95 on Wed May 31, 2017 3:15 pm

I don't think we will know until a year from now whether it was a good move by TSCH.

I agree it is horrible for all clubs in Oklahoma.  There was some great competition between all clubs this past weekend in State and Presidents Cup.  Too bad that will not happen next year.  

Follow which ever coach best fits your kids and give your kids 100% support.  Shouldn't matter which league they are in.


Last edited by Gatorade95 on Wed May 31, 2017 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gatorade95

Posts : 77
Join date : 2015-10-09
Location : Tulsa

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by ENERGYFC04 on Wed May 31, 2017 3:37 pm

soccerdadx2 wrote:Everyone knows this is a power play by TSC. Norman and Southlake joined in because they can't beat OFC and this gives them a better chance of winning.

This is horrible for all clubs in Oklahoma, at least for now. However, I will say TSC now has the upper hand.

Your Move OFC!

I've been biting my tongue as i agree that as a whole this is not great for Oklahoma soccer.   However, don't create false news by implying that my comment doesn't mean it won't be great for the patrons at those clubs though.  Further, i'm a big believer in finding the right coach and fit for your daughter versus undying club allegiance.  This includes who the coach is, style of play, atmosphere of the team and also the club(s) stance on development.  

However, your comment that Norman and SLSC joined because it gives them a better chance to beat OFC is completely misleading.  I think if you research deeper you will find this was started by Norman and SLSC who found a willing partner in TSC.   How does this give them a better chance of winning?

Seems to me they fared quite well when its not just who has biggest athletes in this crap 9 v 9 small field bang it forward game.   On the girls side, in the 04s Norman and SLSC are arguably ahead of OFC, Norman is neck and neck with them in 03s, 02s Norman is close, 01s SLSC much better, 2000s OFC didn't even field a team it appears, 99s OFC wins and 98s WSA wins.

The question should actually be why are these clubs already close to and/or ahead of a club that is twice to three times their size and in many age groups has multiple kids from SLSC and Norman starting for them?

ENERGYFC04

Posts : 435
Join date : 2014-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by soccerdadx2 on Wed May 31, 2017 6:15 pm

You live in a dream world and your so sensitive that you thought I was replying to your comment. My last post had nothing to do with anything you posted.

OFC won 11 State Championships (TSC won a majority of the others) and OFC didn't even field two (00 and 98 girls teams) that would have won. The OFC 01 dominated for years (all play up now), Norman and Southlakes couldn't compete with them when they played age appropriate.

How many State Championships did Norman and Southlakes win? 1 total??? I am not sure.

The reason you want to play in new league is now you only have to beat TSC 2nd teams, that's why you have a better chance of winning.

I hope it works out for everyone but I don't think it will and the kids are the ones that will suffer.

State Cup next year will be a joke with OFC winning every age group outside maybe 1-2 Blitz Boys teams. The other league will not be any better with TSC dominating almost every age group with their 2nd teams. Norman and Southlakes are the 3rd and 4th best clubs in the state and the gap between 1/2 and 3/4 is tremendous.

Parents that can't admit reality crack me up!!!!!!!

Have a nice day.

soccerdadx2

Posts : 31
Join date : 2014-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by ENERGYFC04 on Wed May 31, 2017 6:32 pm

soccerdadx2 wrote:You live in a dream world and your so sensitive that you thought I was replying to your comment. My last post had nothing to do with anything you posted.

OFC won 11 State Championships (TSC won a majority of the others) and OFC didn't even field two (00 and 98 girls teams) that would have won. The OFC 01 dominated for years (all play up now), Norman and Southlakes couldn't compete with them when they played age appropriate.

How many State Championships did Norman and Southlakes win? 1 total??? I am not sure.

The reason you want to play in new league is now you only have to beat TSC 2nd teams, that's why you have a better chance of winning.

I hope it works out for everyone but I don't think it will and the kids are the ones that will suffer.

State Cup next year will be a joke with OFC winning every age group outside maybe 1-2 Blitz Boys teams. The other league will not be any better with TSC dominating almost every age group with their 2nd teams. Norman and Southlakes are the 3rd and 4th best clubs in the state and the gap between 1/2 and 3/4 is tremendous.

Parents that can't admit reality crack me up!!!!!!!

Have a nice day.

Here we go. Been waiting on OFC parents to finally expose themselves with chest beating! Your post is the belabored "WE ARE OFC" chant which is meaningless on the girls side. It carries no weight and is comical. Further, your comments such as allegations that other clubs weren't playing up is bogus (see SLSC 01s)

However, lets be honest. OFC is not a great girls club anymore. You rely on bash ball to physically dominate at younger age groups in hoping of recruiting other kids. You ever wonder why OFC is not held in the same esteem as TSC (and i'm not even a TSC lover)? Just watch how their teams play as a whole (there is the exception with certain coaches).

Further, if OFC is so great, why is little bitty ole SLSC and Norman your rivals versus TSC? They are 40% your size and you have recruited their kids. Yet in several age groups they are competing and/or better than OFC (girls side). Apparenlty, TSC is developing better or recruiting Blitz better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, this isn't an OSA/OPC/ENERGY post. Never said the OPC was good for Oklahoma soccer. I frankly don't know and we shall see whether it was the right choice. What i do know is OSA leadership needed a wake-up call so hopefully this is it. I would personally like to see all Oklahoma clubs aligned teaching good soccer and growing the game. Whether OSA or OPC is the best avenue, I will have to wait and see and will refrain from bashing either.

OFC is the Washington Generals of big club soccer right now on the girls side although i think their boys side as a whole are very good.

ENERGYFC04

Posts : 435
Join date : 2014-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by SSD2004 on Wed May 31, 2017 6:48 pm

soccerdadx2 wrote:Norman and Southlakes are the 3rd and 4th best clubs in the state and the gap between 1/2 and 3/4 is tremendous.

So why would it be a bad thing for Norman or SLSC to try something different to raise their profile? You can't have it both ways.

(Clutching your pearls) I can't believe they are leaving, they are ruining soccer! or (Thumping Chest) We are better than them and it's not even close.

Pick a side at least.

SSD2004

Posts : 181
Join date : 2014-10-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by sooner5 on Wed May 31, 2017 6:50 pm

When OFC DOC changed his shirt to a  Engery shirt  to go shake hands with Norman 03 girls and coaches after the championship game. Shows me what kind of class most OFC parents and coaches have.

sooner5

Posts : 242
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by The Soccer 1% on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:36 pm

I spent a little time and read through all of this. My name is a misnomer. I'm def part of the soccer 99%. My kid is a good player who could be a small high school soccer star in her future but she's not an ECNL player and, being from a small town, soccer is her third sport insofar as relative skills and what she likes to do. That said, she's a good goalie and the softball/basketball coaches love her maturity, toughness, fitness, leadership and footwork that playing ODL/OPL/etc. soccer has given her.

All that said, this urinating contest between OSA and OPC is interesting to watch as someone who's involved locally but not enough to have had to sign a confidentiality agreement. I still side with OSA in regard to their GCSA battle. However, their authoritarian actions have hurt them. Making 04 Griffin play OCL a few years ago was a great example. There were 0 winners there. We played them the 2nd season in OPL Silver and I remarked to one of their parents that it was like they backed up a trailer and released 11 velociraptors on the pitch. They had to spend a whole year to earn their way to where everyone knew that they should have been to start with. Does that stunted development have something to do with why they've been outperformed in ECNL? Possibly.

From our rural point of view, we'd rather be grouped with the OPC teams than with CV, OFC and Blitz. Splitting up the groupings at this point isn't good for anyone. But, I agree with our leadership that this option is the preferable one for us. Also, any time I can watch Blitz take it in the short ones I'm pleased. Their blurring of the rules ever since my kid started playing them on Sundays in ODL has irritated me to no end. They abused the CPP so much that they went back after the fact and removed all of their CPP's from the game cards. Ours are still there. There's are wiped out. It's pretty comical, actually.

Also, I'm told that Cosmos and Norman played the spade first and the others followed suit.

Anyway, that's the view from someone who's not concerned with ECNL/SRPL/etc.

The Soccer 1%

Posts : 85
Join date : 2016-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by Bigbadwolf on Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:28 pm

Sounds like someone drank some sour Blitz kool-aid. I have kids at several different clubs and believe me all the clubs are guilty of abusing the CPP. Ask some parents that drank sour TSC kool-aid and I bet you will hear the same complaint and might be suprised how serious the problem is among the larger clubs. The CPP should be used to bring developing players from a lower team up not bring higher level players down for the sole purpose of bagging a victory.

Bigbadwolf

Posts : 57
Join date : 2016-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by The Soccer 1% on Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:39 pm

I've seen all of the game cards for our team(s) for the last 4-5 years. OFC abused it a little. TSC a little. But never worth worrying about. It was more coach driven and intermittent.  Blitz was the worst and it seemed more pervasive. We had a poor little B team that shouldn't have even formed. Blitz brought players down 2 levels to play them on  a Saturday. Beat them by a large margin. Played them the next day and brought down the same players to beat them by a disgusting margin. Were they bringing down the role players from EITHER of their higher ranked teams I would have understood. They were bringing down the top players from the TOP team. I think I got the same blitz kool aid that everyone gets.

I have a 97, a 98 and an 03 and have been with 4 different clubs. I'd say I have a pretty varied experience to form my "kool aid" views.

The Soccer 1%

Posts : 85
Join date : 2016-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum