Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
Please log in and register!

Help me grow the forum!
Latest topics
» Buy registered british council ielts online in DUBAI,UAE(ielts.legit@yahoo.com)
by ielts12 Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:29 pm

» Biometric ielts/toefl/pte certificates without exam in SAUDI ARABIA(ielts.legit@yahoo.com)
by ielts12 Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:27 pm

» Buy verified european /US /UK passport, id cards,visas,driver's license (infodocuments4@gmail.com)
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:47 pm

» Buy Data-based Registered Ielts,Toelf,Gmat,Nebosh,Esol, Without exams  @ (whatsapp : +237673528224)
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:46 pm

» Buy Data-based Registered Ielts,Toelf,Gmat,Nebosh,Esol, Without exams
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:34 pm

» Buy verified european /US /UK passport, id cards,visas,driver's license (whatsapp : +237673528224) 
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:27 pm

» Buy verified european /US /UK passport, id cards,visas,driver's license (whatsapp : +237673528224) 
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:20 pm

» Buy Verified European /US /UK passport, id cards,Visas,Driver's License @ infodocuments4@gmail.com
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:14 pm

» Buy Data-based Registered Ielts,Toelf,Gmat,Nebosh,Esol, Without exams @ (whatsapp : +237673528224)
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:11 pm

» Buy counterfeit money,Real and Fake Passports,ID etc (masterproduction21@gmail.com)
by cleandocs Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:10 pm

» Counterfeit notes and Documents Whtspp:+33 756833844
by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:37 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:30 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:28 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:26 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:17 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:11 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:03 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:58 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:56 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:52 am

Statistics
We have 446 registered users
The newest registered user is Ibrahimsylla

Our users have posted a total of 6890 messages in 440 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

DA Teams Selected- 25 Teams Initially

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DA Teams Selected- 25 Teams Initially

Post by ENERGYFC04 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:41 pm

Let's all admit. If given a DA these clubs will take it and parents will fawn over themselves to play in it.

High School soccer? If your kid is good high school soccer is irrelevant. Just my opinion.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:51 pm

High school soccer tends to be ugly and painful to watch, but the girls do like it for the social aspects. As far as scholarships go, club WAY more important!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballDad05 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:51 pm

Energy, clubs may take it and parents may rush to put their kids into as they do ECNL and yes we all know there are plenty who are willing to open their checkbooks to live vicariously through their children. But like i said previously I want to see development, and with 4 practices a week and maybe little to no game time where do i develop and test. Oh and scrimmages are not recommended in the DA. So do I hope i am developing in these practices without being able to use it in a game environment because lets admit it coaches will more than likely take a larger percentage from the older group to be more competetive physically. Unless your DD falls in that category it doesn't make much sense to give up HS or any extra touches especially in decision making instances like matches. My issue isn't HS persay but the fact that application of learning is done in match play, refinement and learning of what works and what doesn't get accomplished in practices. Oh I forgot Confidence building from actually playing and not saying I play on such and such team but I ride the bench.

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer on Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:59 pm

The other difference between ECNL and DA is ECNL has teams for each age group and DA combines 2 age groups. In big markets like TX, this means that ECNL will have significantly more strong players in each age group than DA. For this reason, I would think ECNL would be a more attractive league for players in large soccer markets and a better scouting league for recruiters.

I think it is a mistake for DA not to have teams in every age group because it allows ECNL to have twice as many top players and a much larger overall league for players in each age group.

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer on Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:10 pm

Just read the FAQ section of their website and I am confused. I thought DA was suppose to play fewer games.?.?
-----------------
How many games are played and how long is the Academy season? How many showcases are hosted per year?

Each Academy team plays approximately 25-30 league games, with an additional 6-9 games played at Showcases. Teams that advance from the Academy Playoffs could expect to play up to an additional 3 games. The season will likely begin in September and commence with Championships in July. Clubs will break from league play for periods of rest (including inactivity due to weather), during a winter break (December/January) and/or following the end of the regular season (July).

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer on Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:25 pm

Link to DA FAQs.

http://www.ussoccerda.com/girls-academy-faqs

In summary, DA will have 25-42 league games per season (15 away games) and a minimum of 4 practices per week. Definitely not for everyone and a lot more games than I was expecting after reading their focus on fewer games.

Last edited by 918soccer on Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballDad05 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:25 pm

I don't see how this is possible because with 25 teams spread all across the nation how do you have 25-30 games. We don't even have close to that in league play unless tourneys are included.

Last edited by FootballDad05 on Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sp)

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballDad05 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:28 pm

So they say fewer games more practice then somewhere else they are have 25-42 games. I don't think they have it straight unless this is what it will look like with 80 teams in DA.

Last edited by FootballDad05 on Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sp)

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Worksheet of DA

Post by FootballDad05 on Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:35 pm

15:34:15

Last edited by FootballDad05 on Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No info previously loaded)

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:58 pm

FootballDad05 wrote:Energy, clubs may take it and parents may rush to put their kids into as they do ECNL and yes we all know there are plenty who are willing to open their checkbooks to live vicariously through their children. But like i said previously I want to see development, and with 4 practices a week and maybe little to no game time where do i develop and test. Oh and scrimmages are not recommended in the DA. So do I hope i am developing in these practices without being able to use it in a game environment because lets admit it coaches will more than likely take a larger percentage from the older group to be more competetive physically. Unless your DD falls in that category it doesn't make much sense to give up HS or any extra touches especially in decision making instances like matches. My issue isn't HS persay but the fact that application of learning is done in match play, refinement and learning of what works and what doesn't get accomplished in practices. Oh I forgot Confidence building from actually playing and not saying I play on such and such team but I ride the bench.

I know it seems like parents rush out and pay to get their kids on these teams from alot of outsiders looking in...  I can assure you that these kids have EARNED their spots on these teams...  They work hard and deserve to be where they are.  It's mentally tough on these girls and trust me when I say they have input on the decision to try out or even accept the position on the team.  It's not a rush out and jump in type of thing...  Most of these kids have been working toward this goal for years because they want to play with the best they can.  There is no guarantee for them that they will play or even make the team...  People talk about ECNL like it isn't worth the money.  My guess is most of them have never had a player on one of those teams...
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballDad05 on Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:18 pm

Yellowcard, my DD plays I coached her myself and believe me I trained my DD to play the game, she puts in the effort on the pitch and deserves her chance to play with the best.Parents are still the driving force behing children, support and sometimes criticism is useful if done in a helpful manner. But parents need to know their childrens strengths and weaknesses and should not place them in situations they are not prepaired for. I am talking about parents that don't provide the extra training and know their child does not have the talent or does not put in the effort on the pitch yet think just paying should be enough. It's not important for some parents if their DD plays it's just enough to say they are on the team. Mainly talking about ECNL squads that have 22-25 players on their first teams. Many just stack the roster to keep costs down.

Last edited by FootballDad05 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sp)

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballDad05 on Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:21 pm

I am mainly talking about the larger clubs in Dallas and metropolitan areas with larger populations

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:03 am

Bigger clubs for sure... But what I was saying directs toward the people on this board that bash it. I know TSC puts about 16 per ECNL team and those girls put in work. Congrats to her for giving it her all and making that team!
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballDad05 on Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:17 am

Yellowcard, my DD thanks you, the girls do the hard work, we can only offer advice and support as parents. Yes I noticed the bashing of ECNL and when my DD joined TSC in academy I was of the same opinion that ECNL did not interest me. But to be honest there was more rumor out there than fact, and part of it is that parents coming in do not understand what the ECNL is and the costs verses what OPL, OCL, SRPL costs are. As parents we should do whats best for our children developmentally and not solely as soccer players. Love of the sport should be the first and foremost approach. If they don't love it find them another sport they enjoy. They may well excel at it.

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:44 am

FootballDad05 wrote:Yellowcard, my DD thanks you, the girls do the hard work, we can only offer advice and support as parents. Yes I noticed the bashing of ECNL and when my DD joined TSC in academy I was of the same opinion that ECNL did not interest me. But to be honest there was more rumor out there than fact, and part of it is that parents coming in do not understand what the ECNL is and the costs verses  what OPL, OCL, SRPL costs are.  As parents we should do whats best for our children developmentally and not solely as soccer players. Love of the sport should be the first and foremost approach. If they don't love it find them another sport they enjoy. They may well excel at it.

The difference in cost isn't much... When we played OPL with tournaments, then SRPL and now ECNL with one of my daughters the cost is a negligible difference. It's great to have them be challenged and play the best competition there is...
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballDad05 on Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:36 am

Yellowcard, happy for your DD. Which year is she? Thats what we have been waiting for. Improvement happens with better talent pool and competition.  I think the info is out there for parents but sometimes info is outdated and some is just confusing. Ahem, TSC website, prone to both issues. This leaves parents with rumors and misinformation.

Last edited by FootballDad05 on Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling Duh)

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballDad05 on Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:40 am

Did anyone look at the excel chart I posted. Its NOT my work I got if off the N TX board but I thought it was interesting to see the breakdown of Clubs with Boys DA, Girls DA, ECNL and MLS or Pro Women's League. Any thoughts as to how this process will be applied? Also any word of if TSC even applied for DA this first round?

Last edited by FootballDad05 on Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgetting Stuff)

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by 05GKdad_Tulsa on Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:20 pm

I think both TSC & OFC applied for DA membership as a whole (boys & girls, all ages). Not surprised that neither got it. The problem for OK clubs is that nearest games would be DFW, and US Soccer wants less travel.

Also, first club to pass on girls DA.link
05GKdad_Tulsa

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballDad05 on Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:32 pm

But the same is true for all other states except California but even within that state there are 4  hr drives to play each other. If their idea is to have 2-3 teams within the same town then only metropolitan cities would need apply. But according to the chart it looks like teams with A license coaches and possesion style football are only being selected. I moved to Ok from San Diego and believe me I've seen the play out there at Surf and accross Cali.. The style of play from each Cali club is possesion and counter attack not so sure with the other clubs outside but my guess is the style would ve the same possess and counter. Maybe TSC will get in a future round they said smaller town clubs would be added in future.

Last edited by FootballDad05 on Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by 05GKdad_Tulsa on Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:04 pm

TSC just got in on girls side per this Link. No word on boys.
05GKdad_Tulsa

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer on Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:34 pm

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballDad05 on Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:44 pm

I wonder how all this will apply to our 05 girls since it's set not to start until next year. What happens to ECNL in the DA mix. Tumultuous times but also to look forward too.

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballDad05 on Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:12 pm

The program will feature three combined age groups: U-14/15, U-16/17 and U-18/19. Clubs will be expected to train a minimum of four times per week. The combined age groups will require clubs to form teams with a balanced roster of players from two distinct birth years and encourage clubs to provide "play up" opportunities. The games will be scouted by U.S. Soccer and the program will serve as the primary pathway to the Youth National Teams.
So no DA for youngins seems like a good time to start in my opinion. Waiting until 14 seems a little late should start when Academy ends at 10.

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 on Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:54 pm

FootballDad05 wrote:The program will feature three combined age groups: U-14/15, U-16/17 and U-18/19. Clubs will be expected to train a minimum of four times per week. The combined age groups will require clubs to form teams with a balanced roster of players from two distinct birth years and encourage clubs to provide "play up" opportunities. The games will be scouted by U.S. Soccer and the program will serve as the primary pathway to the Youth National Teams.
So no DA for youngins seems like a good time to start in my opinion. Waiting until 14 seems a little late should start when Academy ends at 10.

Well, speaking for my daughter, 4 practices a week at a minimum at age 10 or 11 would seem to be a good way to burn her out and sacrifice a good chunk of her childhood, which does consist of things other than soccer. If one is not careful, it is very easy to lose sight of this and end up with a warped child or, at the very least, a severely diminished childhood. You only get one childhood, and as parents, we have to be protective of that special time. So 14/15 age group start seems about right to me. At that age, they are much more able to begin deciding for themselves whether or not such time and effort is worth it to them. And it seems to me they have to be all in for DA, as it is a considerable investment of time and missed opportunities. All my humble opinion. Others will differ, obviously. All that being said, I hope my daughter decides to go for this, and, if she does, I hope she makes it. Like I like to say, "time will tell"! Kudos to TSCH for another huge accomplishment!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:11 pm

That is exactly right Bird... Does anyone know when Alex Morgan started playing competitive? 14 years old. Trust me when I say that a lot happens to kids as they hit puberty and sometimes it's for the better and sometimes it isn't. That's just another reason to wait until that age before making these type of decisions. Just think... It will open up about 8 ECNL spots per age group! Lol
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top