» Fall 2017
by Yellowcard Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:56 pm

» SuperCopa 2017
by Celtic05Dad Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:25 pm

» NTX STX State Cup
by 918soccer Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:34 pm

» ENERGY MLS SCUTTLED?
by ENERGYFC04 Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:04 pm

» Whats wrong with Oklahoma (girls) ODP?
by 918soccer Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:14 pm

» South lakes needs a keeper.
by misfit31 Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:12 am

» OFC/Blitz dropped from NPL?
by Roughneck04 Tue May 30, 2017 1:12 am

» 2017 State Cup
by NeverPlayedSoccer Mon May 29, 2017 3:59 am

» Well said!
by Celtic05Dad Sat May 27, 2017 8:05 pm

» 05 age group being added to ECNL!
by 918soccer Sun May 14, 2017 10:35 pm

» 04 Girls State Cup Results
by TSC010405 Mon May 08, 2017 7:38 pm

» Administrators?
by BASoccer Mon May 01, 2017 11:19 am

» The most successful girls teams from Tulsa
by Yellowcard Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:18 am

» State Cup Schedules
by settledown Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:13 pm

» Spring 2017 Scores
by NeverPlayedSoccer Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:09 am

» Oklahoma Soccer – Looking Forward
by Yellowcard Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:05 pm

Statistics
We have 315 registered users
The newest registered user is gradeonenotes

Our users have posted a total of 6828 messages in 409 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who all is trying out for ECNL???

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Who all is trying out for ECNL???

Post by bird04 on Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:09 am

Thanks for checking! Yeah, I think that one other girl guest played for them, but I may be confusing who she guest played for in the past. As to never being asked, that is true but it kind of is a two way street...quite a few of our 03's didn't really put themselves out there for guest playing for various reasons. The 04 has a sister on the Williams, so it was always very easy for all parties for her to guest play regularly. The Parker player, as I understand it, was trying to move off Parker onto Williams for the SRPL season. Again, that was what was bandied about in idle talk, but you know how "facts" are at soccer clubs! Who knows!? lol! So maybe I was wrong about how many guests they regularly had....

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:12 am

So knowing they had 12 doesn't make sense not to guest play. Doesn't every team do it? I know Griffin only beat OFC 03 the one time with guest Beattie players. How many times have Griffin player been brought in to help lower ranked 04 teams? Pot and Kettle and that whole deal right? But if and only if the 03s from those teams were as good as you think then they might have been asked to play up more? I honestly don't know why?
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:18 am

if I had player looking to play ECNL I would put them out there in front of an ECNL coach that will weigh heavily on the decision of who makes a team or not? Sounds legit anyway!!!
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 on Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:39 am

Actually, we beat OFC without guest players from Beattie in last years Lexus Cup. When we had guest players from Beattie in Beat the Heat before that, we lost to 'em. So I can at least clear that up. The rest? Like you said, who knows?

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow on Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:03 am

I think as long as none of the 03 Beattie players try to play up that 2/3rds of the 03 ECNL team is from Beattie and Griffin.... How many more make it will depend on the size of the roster.

Griffin has a couple of 04s that could make a push to play 03 ECNL. One guest played with 03 Beattie a while back when that group won the Texas Cup and has guest played with them other times (Giving a younger player a chance to play up against good competition)

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow on Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:05 am

I really thought 04 Griff had a couple 03 Breattie players at the 2015 Lexis Cup....

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow on Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:35 am

It's been a while but I beleive one of the guest players scored a PK in the Shootout

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:38 am

Not gonna call anyone a liar but last May you admitted that you had Beattie guest players for that game so I will chalk it up to the fact that your memory is bad... What you don't know is that I was there for the game and know the Beattie players played a whole lot and did make a difference. As much as they probably did for the Williams team this year... Now to set the record straight... The pot and the kettle are both black. Come down from your high horse and be realistic and truthful. The truth about the Griffin team is much like Williams or Banham or others, if I subtract 2-3 players and put them on Parker then they become the top team. Just like if you take 2-3 from Beattie and put them on Williams or Banham. The problem is that since you have those players you won't be realistic with the fact that the whole team isn't superstars. They are just good players with 2-3 Elite players making you look better than you are. Now I know a lot more about these teams than I let on but feel the need to bring you down to planet earth. I see the blinders and man they are on tight! You never had any other guest players on Williams than the one 04. Same one that played up with Beattie and the same one that would help make Parker the top team... Tell me I'm wrong?
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:41 am

I apologize for being a jerk but man ithe bs is always so thick in here!
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:55 am

GAME... SET... MATCH... He shoots, He scores!!! The crowd goes wild!
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 on Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:46 am

Yellowcard wrote:Not gonna call anyone a liar but last May you admitted that you had Beattie guest players for that game so I will chalk it up to the fact that your memory is bad...  What you don't know is that I was there for the game and know the Beattie players played a whole lot and did make a difference.  As much as they probably did for the Williams team this year...  Now to set the record straight...  The pot and the kettle are both black.  Come down from your high horse and be realistic and truthful.  The truth about the Griffin team is much like Williams or Banham or others,  if I subtract 2-3 players and put them on Parker then they become the top team.  Just like if you take 2-3 from Beattie and put them on Williams or Banham.  The problem is that since you have those players you won't be realistic with the fact that the whole team isn't superstars.  They are just good players with 2-3 Elite players making you look better than you are.  Now I know a lot more about these teams than I let on but feel the need to bring you down to planet earth.   I see the blinders and man they are on tight!  You never had any other guest players on Williams than the one 04.  Same one that played up with Beattie and the same one that would help make Parker the top team...  Tell me I'm wrong?  

First off, I was wrong about guest payers in Lexus Cup last year...went back and checked with daughter and wife (who have MUCH better memories!) after I read your post and yes, we did have guest players from Beattie...but, they didn't score one goal the entire tournament...I'm sure they contributed overall, but I had forgotten in some part due to the fact that they weren't some huge factor in the win. The final went to PK's after a header tie goal from a Kitterman 04 girl. So, my bad for posting incorrect facts on the board..am happy to correct the record!
Now, as to "BS", I leave your words bold lettered above to speak against yourself...If you go back a few posts of yours on this thread, it's all "my buddy on Williams" this and "wow" I didn't know that and "I checked with my buddy" straight out saying you are not that familiar with the TSC 03 landscape...but then you post the above bold lettered stuff, pretty much admitting that you've been not exactly truthful during this entire thread....I mean, really, you were there for the game and knew what girls were guesting way back last year in Lexus Cup? Do you make it a habit of going to watch 12 year old girls play soccer when you don't have any direct interest (i.e. a daughter!) in the game? I doubt it, or, at least, I HOPE you're just spoofing! Look, we all know how the game is played on this board. Posters all have an agenda. Everyone know this. The trick is to at least try to keep your story straight between posts so as to not endanger your credibility, not that it matters that much....it should be all in fun. But at least try!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 on Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:02 am

Yellowcard wrote:Not gonna call anyone a liar but last May you admitted that you had Beattie guest players for that game so I will chalk it up to the fact that your memory is bad...  What you don't know is that I was there for the game and know the Beattie players played a whole lot and did make a difference.  As much as they probably did for the Williams team this year...  Now to set the record straight...  The pot and the kettle are both black.  Come down from your high horse and be realistic and truthful.  The truth about the Griffin team is much like Williams or Banham or others,  if I subtract 2-3 players and put them on Parker then they become the top team.  Just like if you take 2-3 from Beattie and put them on Williams or Banham.  The problem is that since you have those players you won't be realistic with the fact that the whole team isn't superstars.  They are just good players with 2-3 Elite players making you look better than you are.  Now I know a lot more about these teams than I let on but feel the need to bring you down to planet earth.   I see the blinders and man they are on tight!  You never had any other guest players on Williams than the one 04.  Same one that played up with Beattie and the same one that would help make Parker the top team...  Tell me I'm wrong?  

Uh, no....Not with regard to Parker. Banham or Williams, maybe...

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 on Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:04 am

Rainbow wrote:I think as long as none of the 03 Beattie players try to play up that 2/3rds of the 03 ECNL team is from Beattie and Griffin.... How many more make it will depend on the size of the roster.

Griffin has a couple of 04s that could make a push to play 03 ECNL.  One guest played with 03 Beattie a while back when that group won the Texas Cup and has guest played with them other times (Giving a younger player a chance to play up against good competition)

Agreed.

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:04 am

Ah you are good sir. So we are clear... I never show my hand, that's part of the game but I have been truthful! I don't know everything, I do have a buddy on Williams team, I have one on Banham, I have friends on a lot of the teams! How do you know that my daughter isn't one of your guest players best friends and since were in the same tournament we went and watched? I get dragged to many games that I have no direct horse in the race! Having a daughter that has played for many years with many friends and a love for the game yep I do. It is all in fun! Sometimes I say things to stir the pot and my mission has been accomplished... Deep down you know I'm right about the points above whether you ever decide to admit or not. At least be truthful with yourself and say I'm right...
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 on Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:14 am

Yellowcard wrote:Ah you are good sir.  So we are clear...  I never show my hand, that's part of the game but I have been truthful!  I don't know everything, I do have a buddy on Williams team, I have one on Banham, I have friends on a lot of the teams!  How do you know that my daughter isn't one of your guest players best friends and since were in the same tournament we went and watched?  I get dragged to many games that I have no direct horse in the race!  Having a daughter that has played for many years with many friends and a love for the game yep I do.  It is all in fun!  Sometimes I say things to stir the pot and my mission has been accomplished...  Deep down you know I'm right about the points above whether you ever decide to admit or not.  At least be truthful with yourself and say I'm right...

Very good! All in fun! But I still think that other than Beattie and now Southlake 03, we have beaten every 03 team in the state worth mentioning. So I disagree about the final distribution of players on the upcoming 03 ECNL team...It will be mostly Beattie 03's and Griffin 03's and a smattering of players from the other teams. The only caveat is that it IS TSC, and they have occasionally messed up player selection for ECNL...like you said, to paraphrase, "Let's hope the parents stay out of it"! I wholeheartedly agree on that! Thanks for the sparring!Very Happy I enjoyed it!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:16 am

3 players from your team and Parker beats you 75% of the time it would be so easy! It's a fact with all of these teams. Just look at how 3 players changed Banhams team last year to this year.
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:22 am

Lol that's going to be the excuse if more Griffin players don't get selected??? That's awesome!!! It's always someone else's fault I guess... Sounds like a Democrat! That SRPL team will be stacked with Griffin players claiming they are better than ECNL!!! Hahahaha. Great stuff!
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 on Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:50 am

Yellowcard wrote:Lol that's going to be the excuse if more Griffin players don't get selected???  That's awesome!!!  It's always someone else's fault I guess...  Sounds like a Democrat!  That SRPL team will be stacked with Griffin players claiming they are better than ECNL!!!  Hahahaha. Great stuff!

I doubt that'll be necessary. Like I said, I predict that most of the Griffin 03's make ECNL. You seem like you have a chip on your shoulder against Griffin...Re-read your posts after you started these threads...Angry stuff. My advice is to not take it so seriously that it eats you up inside. Maybe you've had disappointments in this area last year or in years past, but remember, every year is a new year and it is youth soccer, not the olympics! Lastly, in reference to the bolded line above...I refer you to the 2000 ECNL squad....it does work out that way some years....And please keep politics off the board.

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:28 pm

Haha! No anger and No chip... I have said it before and I will say it again... That team is awesome! The best 04 team in the state! The parents are awesome too! I never had a disappointment in kids soccer! But since I picked on you to the point you won't even address the points above I would say my work is done! You can try to turn it around but when I read back through I see you avoiding! Delicate sensibilities much? I will formally apologize for the Democrat remark... That was a low blow and I wouldn't wish that on anyone!
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Blameitontheref on Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:22 pm

If you rank the 03 and 04 TSC teams, you start with Beattie, then Griffin, then Williams and Banham are almost interchangeable, but neither as good as Griffin or Beattie. Then you go down to Parker, Sharp, etc. So it makes sense when forming the 03 ECNL team, the recruiting will pretty much go the same way. Now I am not saying all the 03 girls off any of these teams are assured of being picked, but you figure Beattie's 03's kind of have to screw up pretty bad not to get offered. Griffin's 03's are all very good players, but you could see 1-2 of them getting edged out by bigger, stronger players from Williams or Banham. Parker and Sharp both have at least one player that deserve the offer no question. My main concern is just how this team is really going to stack up to the ECNL teams from north Texas. Losing the stud 03 player that is going to play up on the 02 ECNL team is going to really hurt them.

Blameitontheref

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:23 pm

I can get behind that!!! But that's ranking teams not ranking the age group within each team... And that's really what is going to be the deciding factor.

As for the stud 03 I'm not sold on it... Good player but it's a little hype in my opinion. Stay in your own age group. I think the team will be competitive with or without her.
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 on Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:37 pm

Rainbow wrote:I think as long as none of the 03 Beattie players try to play up that 2/3rds of the 03 ECNL team is from Beattie and Griffin.... How many more make it will depend on the size of the roster.

Griffin has a couple of 04s that could make a push to play 03 ECNL.  One guest played with 03 Beattie a while back when that group won the Texas Cup and has guest played with them other times (Giving a younger player a chance to play up against good competition)

I think your argument was bolstered quite nicely by the results of the Beattie/Griffin scrimmage today....

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 on Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:04 pm

How did Griffin play when all there players are over here at slsc putting on a show?

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakie75 on Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:17 pm

Parker was up 3-0 before the Griffin girls touched the field. Cosmos is in denial!
Oakie75

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:20 pm

Guest Players? Parker uses guest players too? Sounds like a conspiracy!
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top