Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
Please log in and register!

Help me grow the forum!
Latest topics
» Buy registered british council ielts online in DUBAI,UAE(ielts.legit@yahoo.com)
by ielts12 Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:29 pm

» Biometric ielts/toefl/pte certificates without exam in SAUDI ARABIA(ielts.legit@yahoo.com)
by ielts12 Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:27 pm

» Buy verified european /US /UK passport, id cards,visas,driver's license (infodocuments4@gmail.com)
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:47 pm

» Buy Data-based Registered Ielts,Toelf,Gmat,Nebosh,Esol, Without exams  @ (whatsapp : +237673528224)
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:46 pm

» Buy Data-based Registered Ielts,Toelf,Gmat,Nebosh,Esol, Without exams
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:34 pm

» Buy verified european /US /UK passport, id cards,visas,driver's license (whatsapp : +237673528224) 
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:27 pm

» Buy verified european /US /UK passport, id cards,visas,driver's license (whatsapp : +237673528224) 
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:20 pm

» Buy Verified European /US /UK passport, id cards,Visas,Driver's License @ infodocuments4@gmail.com
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:14 pm

» Buy Data-based Registered Ielts,Toelf,Gmat,Nebosh,Esol, Without exams @ (whatsapp : +237673528224)
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:11 pm

» Buy counterfeit money,Real and Fake Passports,ID etc (masterproduction21@gmail.com)
by cleandocs Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:10 pm

» Counterfeit notes and Documents Whtspp:+33 756833844
by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:37 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:30 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:28 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:26 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:17 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:11 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:03 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:58 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:56 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:52 am

Statistics
We have 446 registered users
The newest registered user is Ibrahimsylla

Our users have posted a total of 6890 messages in 440 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who all is trying out for ECNL???

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Who all is trying out for ECNL???

Post by cosmos04 on Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:19 pm

@oakie u don't even know witch one my kid was she played awful. Hopefully we can have a better showing next time.

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 on Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:23 pm

Yellowcard wrote:
bird04 wrote:
Oakie75 wrote:Because we can.  Again we were up 3 -0 before one of the 2 Griffin girls touched the field.  2 goals out of 6 came from our Griffin girls.  Also....  Be careful of what Yellow?  And please think this time before you post.

Oakie, don't ask the impossible! Razz Razz Razz Razz

Oh my feelers are hurt on this one!!!  Just as I was complimenting you on your win!

To quote Sgt Hulka..."Lighten up, Francis." Have a good one..and thanks for the compliment on our team's behalf!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:26 pm

I will take it! Who knows we might just become friends after all...
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 on Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:48 pm

Yellowcard wrote:I will take it!  Who knows we might just become friends after all...

Who said we weren't? All for fun and speculation on the board!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:16 pm

Or maybe we already are? Nah lets not get crazy...
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by That Annoying Itch on Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:48 pm

Yes, I also heard the rumor that someone said that the Griffin 04 (04's) were better than all the 03's. Was this refering to the Griffin 03's or all the TSC 03's?

Why would someone make such an assumption that a player or players are all better than everyone else? I would guess it's politics at its best.

Unfortunately for the players who don't have parents that play the political soccer game they are often overlooked because they don't have someone constantly saying " look at me... look at me."

I wouldn't be suprised if politics played out in the hands of the 04's that the 03 ECNL team would be made up of majority of Griffin 04's.

That Annoying Itch

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 on Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:15 pm

That Annoying Itch wrote:

Yes, I also heard the rumor that someone said that the Griffin 04 (04's) were better than all the 03's.  Was this refering to the Griffin 03's or all the TSC 03's?

Why would someone make such an assumption that a player or players are all better than everyone else? I would guess it's politics at its best.

Unfortunately for the players who don't have parents that play the political soccer game they are often overlooked because they don't have someone constantly saying " look at me... look at me."  

I wouldn't be suprised if politics played out in the hands of the 04's that the 03 ECNL team would be made up of majority of Griffin 04's.  

I would think that they would be speaking about the team (04's) as a whole, not the 04's true age within Griffin. As for parents who keep their kids in the "limelight", there is a small bit of that amongst a few vocal parents, but not much and not worse than other parents from other teams touting their kids here and there. I would just say that I hope politics don't take the driver's seat in the process, too, but the people making the decisions would have to give some weight to the record. And the record is that Griffin 04 is the only 04 team at TSC (or the state, for that matter) that consistently beats almost all the 03 teams in the state, even occasionally Beattie (granted, Beattie can't be at their best or that doesn't happen). Only Southlakes 03 hasn't been beaten by us, and that was a very close thing. So, if you were a decision maker, wouldn't you give considerable weight to that record when picking your 03 ECNL team? And that part, at least, wouldn't be politics.

Welcome to the board, by the way!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:37 pm

I would definitely give consideration to that... But moreover I would look at the individual player more than a team that has been together for years... I think that may be where we get lost in this whole thing. There are 11 players on the field... Some of these other 03 teams have 5-6 players that might be even better than the ones on the Griffin or Beattie team but they also have 5-6 others on the team that drags them down and keeps those good 5-6 from winning just as much... so of the coaches that are in charge are smart, they will look at the individuals and how they could each contribute to this team.
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 on Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:50 pm

Yellowcard wrote:I would definitely give consideration to that...  But moreover I would look at the individual player more than a team that has been together for years...  I think that may be where we get lost in this whole thing.  There are 11 players on the field...  Some of these other 03 teams have 5-6 players that might be even better than the ones on the Griffin or Beattie team but they also have 5-6 others on the team that drags them down and keeps those good 5-6 from winning just as much...  so of the coaches that are in charge are smart, they will look at the individuals and how they could each contribute to this team.  

Agree that that will also factor in somewhat...which is why girls from the other teams will make it, too...and good, I say. As far as being together for years, on the Griffin roster, I think only 4 have been there since the beginning, another for 4 years, another came over from Winters 2 1/2 years ago (?), and two others from Blitz two years ago...all the rest new. But agree with your point overall. Many factors to consider.

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:51 pm

Let's put it this way... If you were building an all star team to decimate all, you wouldn't take the entire Denver Broncos lineup solely because they one the super bowl and beat a lot of teams. You would pick a few from each team to insure you built a team that won across the world... I know it isn't a perfect analogy but it conveys the point.
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 on Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:57 pm

That's one argument...the other argument is to keep a core of players that meld well together and build around that...like when Kitterman's team all stayed and players were added. Everyone's seen megastar teams that never really jell and don't live up to their promise. All academic, 'cuz in the end, big blocks from Beattie and Griffin and add ons from the rest, most likely....kind a mix of what we're talking about here...(As if I have a crystal ball! Razz Razz )

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:26 pm

Because that's how the National team does it? They pick the number one team in the age group and add a couple players... No those teams are built from single players from many teams. Because they look at single players! Colleges don't pick a whole dominating team and bring them up... Pro teams don't go scout the national championship college team and bring them all up... There is a reason that doesn't work... And the reason is just because a team is good doesn't mean they have all the best players! Those examples I gave pick the best players from a myriad of teams...
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 on Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:12 pm

Uh, no...but, remember, this is a somewhat smaller pool of talent to pick from, don't you think? Razz

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:51 pm

Lol yes slightly! But still valid for the point I'm making... It's all relative.
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:33 am

I'm going to assume the ECNL Combines for tomorrow will be rained out...
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by That Annoying Itch on Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:42 pm

Yellowcard you made the comment that if you take 2-3 from Beattie or Griffin and place them on anothet team it would make that team better. I totally agree with that statement.

I also think that sometimes a player gets lost/doesn't fit in to a coaches particular style of play and can get overlooked. Once this playeris placed in the right system they excell.

I didnt realize there were combines today. If they have them I hope they do something besides throw them on a field and just scrimmage. I would think it would be difficult to observe skill of a player of they never get to touch the ball. Just my thoughts.

That Annoying Itch

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:49 pm

That Annoying Itch wrote:Yellowcard you made the comment that if you take 2-3 from Beattie or Griffin and place them on anothet team it would make that team better. I totally agree with that statement.

I also think that sometimes a player gets lost/doesn't fit in to a coaches particular style of play and can get overlooked. Once this playeris placed in the right system they excell.

I didnt realize there were combines today.  If they have them I hope they do something besides throw them on a field and just scrimmage.  I would think it would be difficult to observe skill of a player of they never get to touch the ball.  Just my thoughts.

I agree with your whole statement^^^.
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by The Soccer 1% on Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:17 pm

Odd debate. From the outside looking in it would appear that the future ECNL team would be composed of players from Beattie/Williams/Banham/Sharp/Griffin/Parker - the whole group. If I were going to pull the core from any one team it would be Beattie, not the youngest in the group. They've been playing up for some time now and are solid. Certainly any number of TSC kids will be able to fit in there as well.

The Griffin girls are impressive to watch as are a bunch of the TSC teams.

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer on Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:27 pm

I was impressed with how many quality players were at the last 03 combine. If the powers that be select wisely, this could be a very good team. I don't envy their job.

Anyone have experience with Ragland?

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 on Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:30 pm

That Annoying Itch wrote:Yellowcard you made the comment that if you take 2-3 from Beattie or Griffin and place them on anothet team it would make that team better. I totally agree with that statement.

I didnt realize there were combines today.  If they have them I hope they do something besides throw them on a field and just scrimmage.  I would think it would be difficult to observe skill of a player of they never get to touch the ball.  Just my thoughts.

One would have to ask oneself why the bold statement above is true, which it is, IMHO. And the answer to that is why I think that the majority, if not all, of Beattie's team's 03's make it, followed by a majority, but probably not all, of Griffin's 03's make it, then 1 to 2 to 3 from the other teams. But we'll see...
On another topic, what's everyone's take on how many players will constitute the roster size? I say 18.

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:42 pm

Let me be clear... I didn't say it would make another team better. I said it would make that team the top team in the age group. What I should have said is 3 specific players from those teams. That doesn't go for just any 3.

I think 18 is high. They won't roster more than 16 in my opinion...
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 on Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:06 pm

Too big of an 03 age group..politically, club will do 18, IMHO.. we'll see. Thanks for clearing that up, and, while true to some degree (obviously, not all players on any given team are of equal ability), I would maintain that on average, your original statement holds true. Again, all a matter of opinion. And obviously, position they play....

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:45 pm

Who knows? If they make the roster 18 you will some of them drop off IMO. 15 will play a lot and 3 will barely get any minutes and find that the expense isn't worth it. Remember the sub rule in place.

All of this is a matter of opinion and really all we are doing is speculating. Maybe I have been completely wrong this whole time? Or maybe I have been spot on. But more than likely there are points we are both right about and points we are both wrong about! Sure will be a fun few weeks ahead!
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 on Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Agreed!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Soccer 1% on Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:23 pm

I have no desire to do ECNL. I'm not real confident that my kid is athletic enough. She's got the ball skills and smarts but she doesn't have the speed that those top teams have and I don't want to spend that much time and $ finding out if I'm right or wrong. That said, if I had a talented kid and money and time were abundant, I'd be all over it as I do think it's where you need to go to play at the D1 level.

Question: What's the sub rules for ECNL?

Also, I seem to remember them rostering a large group for ECNL - upwards of 20?

If people spent as much time and $ on ACT/SAT prep as they did on competitive sports for scholarships, they'd have a much high ROI as far as education goes. Smile

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top